Wanna Get Drunk?

Booze Party is your guide to getting smashed on the cheap in NYC. Happy hours, open bars, drink specials and straight up cheap booze. Updated daily!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Multiverse Playground

The Deal: Free PBR
The Place: 104 Emerson Place
The Price: $8
The Details: Shitloads of bands and shitloads of sponsors (that means shitloads of free shit).
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=153252931420160
Breathalyzer Score: .14
The Deal: Discrete BYOB
The Place: McCarren Park Skate Pool
The Price: FREE
The Details: A bunch of punk bands playing at a skate park. Sounds awesome. Vodka + Gatorade bottle = good times.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137589763000258
Breathalyzer Score: .14

Friday, September 16, 2011

Hot Authors Launch Party

The Deal: Open Bar 7-11pm
The Place: 3rd Ward
The Price: FREE, must RSVP
The Details: Four motherfucking hours of free booze son! Also, Year of The Tiger and Gunfight are playing. Should be radtastic. And I'm not just saying that for the sake of saying a silly word.
Year of the Tiger, Gunfight, and more
The Source: http://www.myfreeconcert.com/events/year-of-the-tiger-gunfight-and-more
Breathalyzer Score: .17

The Wild Ones

The Deal: Open Bar 12-1
The Place: White Noise
The Price: FREE
The Details: Michael T and Sammy Boy Valentino spinning sleazy rock & roll. You might see some nipple at this one. Just a warning.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=248971105138242
Breathalyzer Score: .13


The Deal: Bloody Screwdriver Open Bar 10-11pm
The Place: 70 N. 6th St.
The Price: $2
The Details: I don't know much about this one. There is an unmarked door involved. You ever eat a crayon just to see what red tastes like?
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141374079285891
Breathalyzer Score: .13

Las Last Last Dance Party

The Deal: Open Bar 9:30-10:30; $2 drafts all night
The Place: 80 Vernon Ave
The Price: $5
The Details: Bed-Stuy bash with Swimming Cities.
Last Last Last Dance Party
The Source: http://www.myfreeconcert.com/events/last-last-last-dance-party
Breathalyzer Score: .14

Gold Whistle

The Deal: $5 beer+shot combo 10-12
The Place: El Dorado
The Price: Free b4 11pm
The Details: The address is secret so RSVP if you wanna go. With Wildlings, Cobra Krames, Dirtyfinger, Dances With Caucasian Broads, WC Kids & Yamez. Sounds like a rager.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=258524754170738
Breathalyzer Score: .12

Parkside Lounge

The Deal: Free Heineken at 8pm
The Place: Parkside Lounge
The Price: FREE
The Details: Someone at Heineken actually tasted their beer and felt awful about charging people for it. So they're just giving it away tonight.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150372503339669&id=187845019668
Breathalyzer Score: .12

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Full Frontal VICE

The Deal: Svedka & Grolsch Open Bar all night
The Place: Skylight One Hanson
The Price: FREE, must RSVP (good fucking luck with that)
The Details: Maybe the sickest party of the year. Live performances by Rick Ross, DFA 1979, A-Trak & more. DJ sets by Black Lips, Nick Zinner, New York Night Train & More. They rejected 4,000 RSVPs already so you probably aren't getting in.
The Source: http://www.vice.com/rsvp
Breathalyzer Score: .20

Emerald Couture

The Deal: Kanon Vodka Open Bar 6-10pm
The Place: The Hole
The Price: FREE, must RSVP: rsvp@dirtydurty.com
The Details: I think this is a fashion party or art party or something like that. You'll be the ugliest one there either way.
Emerald Couture ft. Kanon Vodka
The Source: http://www.myfreeconcert.com/events/emerald-couture-ft.-kanon-vodka
Breathalyzer Score: .15

Ocean Lifeline

The Deal: Prairie Organic Vodka Open Bar
The Place: Keeley Gallery
The Price: $5 suggested
The Details: Gallery party with DJ Kimyon, Baryshnikov and Holly Nelson.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=147386442016596
Breathalyzer Score: .14

The Guv Luvs Rock Party

The Deal: "Free Refreshments" 6-8pm
The Place: Guvnor's
The Price: FREE
The Details: Some shop in Brooklyn is having a party/sale/show tonight. Not completely sure "refreshments" refers to booze but it would be pretty shitty if it didn't.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=268659473147347
Breathalyzer Score: .12

Viva Toro 1-Year Anniversary

The Deal: $2 shots 11-12
The Place: Viva Toro
The Price: FREE
The Details: Dirtyfinger, RPEG and some other dude are DJing. You're getting shitfaced and riding the mechanical bull.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106196849488149
Breathalyzer Score: .14


The Deal: 2-4-1 wells, beer & wine 10-12
The Place: Gallery Bar
The Price: FREE
The Details:
Holy shit, Gallery Bar? There are still parties here? One of the Dim Mak bros is here spinning Dim Makkish shit. I never thought about it before but Dim Mak would be a great name for a retarded pimp.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196395170428519
Breathalyzer Score: .12

Bowery Riot Room

The Deal: $5 Beer+shot combo
The Place: R Bar
The Price: $5
The Details: Honestly, no idea. Bands and a VJ (really?).
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135761129854325
Breathalyzer Score: .10


The Deal: Vodka Open Bar at 12
The Place: Lit
The Price: FREE
The Details: Your likelihood of snagging more than one drink during the open bar is like 25% but your likelihood of getting laid is around 75%.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229311377119974
Breathalyzer Score: .12

Kentucky Bourbon Festival

The Deal: $5 Drams of Bourbon
The Place: Idle Hands
The Price: FREE
The Details: Normally I wouldn't list $5 whiskey but this is really good shit here and quite a deal. You can afford to get "dad drunk" tonight.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/idlehandsnyc
Breathalyzer Score: .11

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

GrandLife Presents

The Deal: Open Bar 9-10pm
The Place: Tribeca Grand Church Bar
The Price: FREE, must RSVP: events@grandlifenyc.com
The Details: Fashion Week party by GrandLife with A.R.E. Weapons performance and DJ set by Peter, Bjorn & John. Lots of pretty people and celebs at this one so get there early if you're neither.
The Source: http://www.facebook.com/GrandLifeHotels
Breathalyzer Score: .14

Brooklyn Magazine Issue Launch Party

The Deal: Complimentary Cocktails 7-9pm
The Place: Brooklyn Botanic Garden
The Price: Free, must RSVP
The Details: Brooklyn Magazine is throwing an awesome party at the gardens. They've got free Becks, Kopparberg, Marble ice cream and oysters. The flyer says "cocktails", cleary beer and cider aren't cocktails so maybe they've got some vodka or something too. Good way to get drunk early.
The Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFRMS3Zoc0tzemN2b1RUSUZ5c1lTTkE6MQ#gid=0
Breathalyzer Score: .17


The Deal: Vodka Open Bar at 12
The Place: Lit
The Price: Free-$3
The Details: Fashion Week edition of Panic.
The Source: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=101841079923688
Breathalyzer Score: .12

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fashion Week Massacre Launch Party

The Deal: Open Bar 8-9pm
The Place: 28on27
The Price: FREE, must RSVP: RSVP@strangevixens.com
The Details: This would be so much better if it was about 15 blocks south. Oh well.
The Source: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148836415200376
Breathalyzer Score: .14

Evol Fashion Week Party

The Deal: Complimentary Drinks 10-11pm
The Place: Southside
The Price: FREE, must RSVP: party@evol.com
The Details: Music by DJ Equal (I here he's splenda. See what I did there?). Live performance by Special Guests. I fucking love that band.
The Source: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105131126261764
Breathalyzer Score: .13

Friskey Whiskey Tuesday

The Deal: Whiskey Open Bar 10-11pm
The Place: Brooklyn Fireproof
The Price: FREE
The Details: Cool bar. Free booze. That's all I know.
The Source: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=275369339159003
Breathalyzer Score: .13

Disco Down

The Deal: Vodka Open Bar 11-12
The Place: Happy Ending
The Price: FREE
The Details: A bunch of dudes obsessed with glam throwing an anti-fashion party. Is that ironic? Hold on, I have to look up ironic again. Okay, I'm back...still not sure.
The Source: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=104035793036966
Breathalyzer Score: .13

Big 4 Pre-Party

The Deal: $4 Big 4 Drafts
The Place: Idle Hands
The Price: FREE
The Details: A bunch of hairy, smelly dudes getting hammered in order to prepare to watch a bunch of hairy, smelly dudes with a bunch of fellow hairy, smelly dudes at Yankee Stadium tomorrow.
The Source: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=260575903966607
Breathalyzer Score: .09

Princess London Shoes

The Deal: Qream Open Bar 9-10pm
The Place: The Volstead
The Price: FREE, must RSVP: PLFW11@LynnMadisonGroup.com
The Details: This is a Fashion Week party in midtown. Yuck all around.
The Source: http://theprintup.blogspot.com/2011/09/9132011-princess-london-shoes-after.html
Breathalyzer Score: .12

Monday, September 12, 2011

Fashion Week NYC

The Deal: Open Bar 10-11pm
The Place: Greenhouse
The Price: Free?
The Details: It's fashion week and this is at Greenhouse. Ugh. A&R and The Rouge Royale are performing.
The Source: Satan
Breathalyzer Score: .13

Booze News